WaveCam is the perfect tool for non-contact and high-resolution vibration measurement for experts and beginners in the time and frequency domain. To get started, all you need is a camera and software to process the data. Save the time handling lots of cables and sensors, or setting and measuring single measurement locations consecutively. Every single pixel will serve as an individual sensor allowing you to measure hundreds of thousands of positions simultaneously.
Analyse your vibration data in the time and frequency domain. Visualise deflection shapes at different frequencies invisible to the naked eye. View and export time waveforms and frequency spectra for thousands of points in the image.
Intuitive handling and optimised user experience. Little expertise is required by the user. Additional training cost is reduced.
The testing method was cross-validated using multiple conventional methods for data acquisition namely accelerometers, a Laser-Doppler-Vibrometer (LDV) as well as our mobile acoustic camera Mikado using nearfield acoustic holography (SONAH).
Some of the advantages with WaveCam:
- Import common file formats from any camera, from phone cameras to high-end highspeed cameras
- Fully automatic, unique data extraction of vibration displacements from video data using improved optical flow and artificial intelligence (AI) algorithms for quality results with WaveCam
- Annual license includes regular updates as the software is constantly progressing. No additional fee for software maintenance.
- A high-speed camera Chronos 1.4 including rechargeable battery for mobile measurement is offered optionally, setup to use with WaveCam in a robust carrying case. We recommend to choose a camera to suit your needs, based on frequency range and resolution requirements.
- Operating Deflection Shapes (ODS)
- Natural frequency investigation
- Quality assurance
- Research & development
- Troubleshooting, root-cause analysis
- Predictive maintenance
- Structural vibration
- Transient events
Specifications for software
Vibration measurement data extraction requires uncompressed video files that can be recorded with all available high-speed cameras as well as smartphone cameras. We recommend using
a high-speed camera by Chronos.
Supported video file formats for data extraction:
- asf – ASF File
- asx – ASX File
- avi – AVI File
- m4v – MPEG-4 Video
- mov – QuickTime movie
- mp4 – MPEG-4
- mpg – MPEG-1
- wmv – Windows Media Video
- dng (folder) – CinemaDNG