AcSoft performs calibration on sound & vibration instrumentation and transducers at its dedicated laboratory. Capabilities include calibration of:
- Sound level meters
- Vibration level meters
- Microphones/Microphone Sets/ Preamplifiers
- Acoustical Calibrators & Pistonphones
- Vibration Calibrators
- Impact Hammers
- Ear Simulators
- Noise Dosimeters*
- Vibration Dosimeters*
- DAQs/Data Analysers**
AcSoft has invested in four calibration systems for this purpose:
1) For calibration of microphones, microphone sets, and preamplifiers, the 90CA Calibration System from GRAS Sound & Vibration is used. The sensitivity is measured using a 42AP pistonphone, and the frequency response is measured by electrostatic actuator.
Microphones from most manufacturers can be calibrated, provided the relevant technical information is available.
Array microphones can also be calibrated using the comparison method, and a GRAS 51AB phase calibrator.
2) For calibration of sound level meters, vibration level meters, acoustical calibrators, and pistonphones, a bespoke calibration system from Svantek Poland is used. This system is identical to that used by Svantek Sp z o o. as part of their ISO/IEC 17025 accreditation. Equipment from most manufacturers can be calibrated, provided the relevant technical information is available.
Traceability is to GUM, the Central Office of Measures, in Poland.
3) For calibration of accelerometers, a custom-built shaker system from DataPhysics and Listen Inc. is used, to cover a frequency range of 10Hz – 5kHz. The calibration technique uses the back-to-back method, with a Dytran 3123AK reference accelerometer.
Accelerometers from most manufacturers can be calibrated, provided the relevant technical information is available.
4) For geophones, we use a specially-built horizontal slip table for calibrating geophone-based vibration sensors, both externally, and also installed, for monitors such as Menhir. Both PPV and derived acceleration sensitivity is documented.
Traceability is to PTB, in Germany who are the National Metrology Institute.
Discover frequently asked questions about calibration.
*Svantek equipment only
** Dependent on software availability